• October 17Congrats Etowah scholars on their Lamp of Knowledge recognition!

• October 15Tryouts for Etowah's basketball team start October 22nd

• October 15Good luck to Etowah volleyball during the 1st round of their state tournament!

Just WING it

Alina Frederick

More stories from Alina Frederick

To create a more accessible help center for students, the Writing Across the Curriculum Center (WACC) is re-branding itself as the East WING (Where I Need to Go) and is expanding the range of subjects to benefit a wider variety of students. The East WING staff is excited to present the new changes and see an increase of students who use their support. 

“We wanted to make sure that the student body and teachers realize that East WING offers tutoring in all subjects, study skills tips, as well as writing skills,” Catherine Arra, junior, said. 

Arra is a tutor for the East WING and will be the WING student director along with juniors Taylor Glass and Rhod Many. Starting next year, their job is to make sure everything runs smoothly within the learning center and oversee each aspect overall.  

“We are going to make sure everything is as successful as it possibly can be,” Glass said.  

The East WING staff wants to heavily promote themselves on social media and other promotional outlets such as the morning announcements and reminders posted around the school.  

“This year and next year, we’re really trying to promote East WING because all of our tutors are great and provide a lot of service,” Heather Barton, advisor, said.  

The East WING staff decided to adjust the name. Barton realized that the old name, WACC, caused students to think the support was just a help center for writing. To help change this confusion, she spearheaded the name change. 

About the Writer
Alina Frederick, Sports Supervisor

Hi! My name is Alina Frederick and I am a sophomore. I love hitting down my thoughts and opinions into my writing for other people to read. I do cheer for Etowah JV sideline and cheer competitively for the Stingray Allstars. I attend Woodstock City Church every Sunday and spend most of my time doing spontaneous things with my friends every weekend.

1 Comment

One Response to “Just WING it”

1. Riley on March 30th, 2018 11:58 am

Good essay Alina!!

• Just WING it

2017-2018

A singularity at Etowah

• Just WING it

2017-2018

Ending the season with a BANG

• Just WING it

2017-2018

Starting off fresh(men)

• Just WING it

2017-2018

Picture perfect

• Just WING it

2017-2018

Parking pass

Just WING it