2017 homecoming highlights

Reece Godwin

More stories from Reece Godwin

Cole Dallas

Former Homecoming King, Ryan Lavery, and former Homecoming Queen, Evan Arnold, crown this years king and queen, Nick Nagy and Sarah Dickman

After months of planning, Etowah’s homecoming week is over, but students are still talking about the fun they had celebrating it.  

“Even though we didn’t have a dance, dressing up for different themes and going to the parade was fun,” Kaylie Cofield, junior, said. 

From painting the bleachers pink in the student section at the football game Friday night to wearing costumes for a cause, students celebrated homecoming in various ways.  One tradition that always draws big crowds is the presentation of the homecoming court.  This year’s winners are homecoming king, Nick Nagy, and queen, Sarah Dickman. 

“It’s an honor to be thought of so highly by my friends and I’m grateful for everyone that voted for me,” Nick Nagy, 2017 senior, said. 

The 38 students representing Eagle Mountain Friday night were wearing their best dresses and tuxes.  

“The students selected this year represent a diverse group of Etowah students,” Cindy Fletcher, varsity cheer coach, said. 

Students have enjoyed nominating their court and doing all of the festivities that go with homecoming week. Those on court find just as much enjoyment out of the process, as well. 

“My favorite part of being on homecoming court was the parade and trying to find the perfect dress,” Lexi Parks, sophomore, said. 

Friday night’s loss was compensated by the joy of Etowah’s students after family and friends saw the court get recognized.