• May 24Register by June 7 for the July 13 ACT Test Date!
  • January 9Happy Summer Break!
  • January 9Congratulations Graduates!
  • January 9Check out our Countdown to the First Day of School!

The trust that flows both ways

The trust that flows both ways

It is a common belief that, no matter the situation, you can always trust your family to have your back. Alannah Hipps, the Head of Staff on the Talon, has made her family a top priority and can say with absolute confidence that this belief is certainly true. 

“Family are the people you can go to, even when friendships come and go. It is nice knowing I have someone who is there for me,” Hipps, senior, said. 

For as long as she can remember, Hipps’ family has never failed to be a prominent part of her life. Whether she is celebrating an achievement or struggling with a dilemma, she can trust her people to be there for her. As a result of this, Hipps can comfortably confide in her family and truly connect with them, rather than just saying an occasional hello. For instance, when the stress of applying to colleges started to overwhelm her, Hipps found a source of support in her loved ones, making the whole process easier for her. 

“Being close with family builds a support system; I always have people to fall back on,” Hipps said. 

Though Hipps is close with all of her family, there are some members she shares a stronger bond with. Ever since she was young, she has been extremely close with her Nana. Because of this connection, Hipps trusts that she can go to her Nana for anything, big or small. Along with her Nana, Hipps’ relationship with her cousin Eli is one to admire. Hipps and Eli were born only one month apart, so their bond has strengthened with the time they spent growing up together.  

“I am happy with the bonds I have created; I want to have a close relationship with my family,” Hipps said. 

When it comes to family, bonds are incredibly important; Hipps has single-handedly proved this. To strengthen her relationships with her relatives, Hipps makes it a top priority to put them first as well as be there for them when the need arises. In doing this, Hipps has established amazing connections with her favorite people, thus proving the importance of dedicating time to spend with them. 

“When we have family events, I always make sure to be there,” Hipps said.  

If there was ever a doubt about the importance of family, Hipps’ experiences have put an end to it by proving just how beneficial it is to have good relationships with family, which allows trust to flow both ways.