• May 24Register by June 7 for the July 13 ACT Test Date!
  • January 9Happy Summer Break!
  • January 9Congratulations Graduates!
  • January 9Check out our Countdown to the First Day of School!

NFL (Taylor’s Version)

Credit%3A+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2023%2F10%2F05%2Fentertainment%2Ftaylor-swift-travis-kelce-why%2Findex.html
Credit: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/05/entertainment/taylor-swift-travis-kelce-why/index.html

Taylor Swift has officially taken over the National Football League (NFL). In recent weeks, gossip about Travis Kelce, tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs, and Taylor Swift dating have taken the internet by storm and continues to be every mainstream news sources’ focus. The rumored relationship is looking to be this year’s biggest story, as the press continues to report about their relationship’s every little detail; despite many beginning to get tired of hearing about it. 

The rumors first started when Kelce publicly expressed his interest in Swift by detailing how he planned to give her his number at one of her Eras Tour concerts. Shortly after, sources reportedly told Entertainment Tonight that the two were hanging out and were in the beginning of a “talking” stage. Swift was then seen attending Kelce’s games with his family and friends on several occasions, while Kelce has been seen leaving her NYC apartment. More recently, Swift and Kelce were seen going on several dates as well as appearing in the same Saturday Night Live (SNL) episode, which made fun of the extensive internet coverage on their relationship. 

“I love [Swift and Kelce’s relationship]! I saw his podcast where he was trying to give her a friendship bracelet with his phone number on it, and I think it is really cute. I think they are a good couple,” Anna Knight, junior, said.  

Not only has their relationship taken over social media, but it has taken over the NFL, as well. Instead of concentrating on the players, sports commentators for the NFL have recently focused most of their attention on Swift and her actions while watching the game. The commentators can be heard making jokes about the pair’s relationship and talking about the recent headlines instead of what is happening on the field.  

“It is not as fun to watch the games anymore because [the commentators] talk about Taylor Swift more than the actual games,” Jimmy Dudgeon, senior, said. 

The NFL’s X, formerly Twitter, account has also turned into a Taylor Swift fan page, as they are constantly posting videos of Swift’s reactions to plays in the game. This new change in the focus of the NFL has angered many football fans, as they say the games are not even about football anymore. Many ultimately believe that the coverage of Kelce and Swift’s relationship is overshadowing the actual game and the other players on the team.  

“I cannot even go on Twitter anymore without seeing something about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. The NFL is the worst about it, as that is all they post about anymore,” Drew Hodges, sophomore, said.  

Despite some NFL fans growing tired of the daily updates, Swift’s and Kelce’s relationship does not seem to be slowing down any time soon as they continue to dominate the headlines.