Behind the scenes of “The Anatomy of Grey”

Leilani Argueta

More stories from Leilani Argueta

On Jan. 22, the Etowah drama department performed “The Anatomy of Grey.”  In the image above, cast and crew from the Etowah High school production of “The Anatomy of Grey,” stand on stage pre-show listening to Charlotte Forrest, the drama teacher.   “During the fall semester, it was very unclear whether we would get to do the show at all. Even though it was a tough time, we still got to be together and work on something we care about.  They are hard workers, intelligent students, and inventive artists,” Forrest said.  

On Jan. 22, the Etowah drama department performed “The Anatomy of Grey.” 
In the image above, cast and crew from the Etowah High school production of “The Anatomy of Grey,” stand on stage pre-show listening to Charlotte Forrest, the drama teacher.  
“During the fall semester, it was very unclear whether we would get to do the show at all. Even though it was a tough time, we still got to be together and work on something we care about.  They are hard workers, intelligent students, and inventive artists,” Forrest said.
In the image above, Kiera Stevenson, junior, looks out onto the stage before the show begins.  
“My hope would be that my students are as proud of their work as I am.  We are our own worst critics, so I hope they can see their growth and achievements,” Forrest said.
In the image above, Andrea Crockett, sophomore, and Stevenson take the stage in one of the opening scenes of the play. “COVID has taken away some time for us to bond as a team, but we did what we could and pushed through it, and personally, I feel like we did an amazing job at it,” Crockett said.
In the image above, Aidan Bahamonde, senior, makes a quick change while walking behind the ongoing play.  
“COVID has forced us out of our comfort zones, but I feel like since that happened, we’ve been able to work faster and harder like never before,” Bahamonde said.
In the image above, Kiara Robinson, junior, is on stage (left) with her castmate Brady Winters, junior, seated beside her. “Being with castmates helped me get through all the negativity that was thrown at us this year and we all worked super hard to get us where we are now,” Robinson said.
The cast takes their final bows for the night after performing the show. “Performing on stage is like going up on a roller coaster, the thrill that a person gets when going on stage is unmatched, even in times like these,” Stevenson said.
Mckayla Kelly, senior and stage manager, sits on the stage post-show.  
“Being stage manager is one of the most chaotic yet a proud achievement anyone could do. As hard as life is, especially in times like these, I could do it. Anyone can do it,” Kelly said.
“Anytime you work on a major project like this, you learn a lot about yourself in addition to the subject you’re working on,” Forrest said.