Super bad predictions

Holly Kate OBrien

More stories from Holly Kate O'Brien

The Super Bowl. A night full of football, good food, and an outstanding halftime show. The National Football League championship game is played annually between the champions of the National and American Football Conferences. This year, it will take place in Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The question is: Who will play in the championship game?

“[I would like to see the] New Orleans Saints and Chicago Bears play in the Super Bowl,” Carson Reeder, sophomore, said.

Although Etowah students know who is playing in the game, many thought that the New Orleans Saints would face the Kansas City Chiefs.

“I think the Chiefs and Saints are going to play, and it will be a close game, but the Chiefs will win, and the halftime show will be fantastic,” Carter Lewis, junior, said.

Others predicted the teams would be from Louisiana and Missouri.

“I am positive the Patriots will be playing in the Super Bowl,” Jackson Yoder, junior, said.

The next question asked: Who will perform at this year’s halftime show? Last year, Justin Timberlake performed and opened with 2002 hit “Rock Your Body.

“[Hopefully I will see] Ty Van Sickle playing the flute during the halftime show,” RJ Head, junior, said.

Students have been trying to narrow down potential halftime performers based on the most popular singers in 2018. Some students have their own opinions of this topic, including Ariana Grande and Lil Wayne.

“I am excited to find out who’s singing because the halftime is always the most exciting part in my opinion,” Tessa Liles, sophomore, said.

Multiple Grammy winner, Gladys Knight will kick off the entertainment singing the National Anthem.  Maroon 5, Travis Scott and Big Boi will be performing.

“I am excited to see Maroon 5 perform at the Super Bowl. I’ve seen them in concert before, and I love their songs; I can’t wait to see their performance,” Kelsey Cleveland, freshman, said.

Last year, the Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots, and prior to the final announcement, Etowah students predicted who they thought would face off in this years annual Super Bowl.