Tis’ the Burro Season

Riley Corona

More stories from Riley Corona

Tis the Burro Season

Looking for some fresh beats? Fresh Burros, a group of Etowah sophomores, has debuted its first album on SoundCloud. This album is packed full of diss tracks including one directed towards close friend, Jonathan Goode, after he injured himself rollerblading. The group started as a joke but grew  into a real band due to an unusually large number of listens on SoundCloud, almost 2,000. 

“Pretty much me and a couple of friends started this SoundCloud account called ‘Fresh Burros’ because we always wanted to buy a Burro. We made an album that has about 1,700 plays which is crazy for us and it’s called Burro Season. We are working on Ramadan in December. Our next EP we started as a joke, but people are actually listening,” Phillip Cooper, sophomore, said. 

The Fresh Burros consists of: Cooper and fellow sophomores Cole Scott, Connor Fisher, Max Woolford, Jazon Coleman, James Salvagio, Korbin Roberson, Jaiden Phillips, and Austin Doss.  

“Burro Season: a monumental achievement in modern hip hop. This album, produced by our very own Phillip Cooper, will revolutionize the rap industry and will truly be remembered among the greats, XXX Tentacion, Lil Pump, and Tupac,” Goode said.  

The album consists of eight songs, all parodies of famous 2018 rap songs. Burros also included an acapella outro to the song You’re Welcome from the movie “Moana.”  

“One of the members is in my class, and he played it for us, and it was hilarious and was not bad for a group of high school students,” Brittany Miller, sophomore, said. 

To listen to Fresh Burros, visit SoundCloud.com or download the SoundCloud app. Type in “Fresh Burros,” sit back, relax, and let your mind realize that a couple of high school students wrote a hit SoundCloud album.