• December 7Go out and support Etowah basketball during their games tonight!

• December 4Come see the Dancing Eagles during halftime at the Varsity basketball games this Friday!

Putting Etowah’s best in the fest

Hannah Griffin

More stories from Hannah Griffin

Freshman: Andrew Jacobs
December 4, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

Putting Etowah’s best in the fest

With the holidays rapidly approaching, most students are focused on finishing the final weeks of the semester. The next significant activity is Shop with an Eagle (SWAE), and homecoming is a distant memory. However, one group of students is already making preparations for next year’s fall festivities.

“It was a great experience for people of all ages, and I look forward to the festival next year,” Ryan Raugh, sophomore, said.

SGA plans and coordinates Etowah’s homecoming festivities every year. David Armistead, SGA advisor, and his team are responsible for fundraising, setting up the festival, and advertising it to encourage more students and community members to attend.

“The main thing is getting high school students to show up,” Armistead said.

The fall festival was held in the E.T. Booth parking lot. The Etowah community came together for a day full of fun. Etowah’s clubs were heavily involved with the homecoming festival. Club members ran their booths, which included games and candy in order to promote themselves.

“It’s such a great time seeing everyone come together and getting to support the friends club with our booth. It’s so special seeing the kids get excited about our booth and I think we all walked away with some great memories,” Abby Freudenberg, sophomore, said.

Festivals are expensive, so fundraising is essential. SGA is in this process of coming up with ideas to raise more money for next year’s homecoming festival.

“We will sell senior girls’ shirts again next year. [We are] not sure about Krispy Kreme doughnuts going forward,” Armistead said.

SGA is happy that the community enjoyed the homecoming festivities, and the club is looking forward to next year’s fall festival. Every year, students can count on SGA to throw an annual Fest at the Nest that is enjoyable to all members of the community.

About the Writer
Hannah Griffin, Reporter

Hey! I am Hannah Griffin and this is my first year on staff. I love spending time with my family, hanging with my friends, and cheerleading. I am a small...