• February 11Good luck to the Dancing Eagles at their first competition this weekend!

• February 11Congrats to Etowah boys basketball on their 3rd consecutive Region championship win!

The Croc talk

Alyssa Pearson

More stories from Alyssa Pearson

Sophomore: Sydney Jones
February 14, 2019
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Croc talk

A variety of colors. Unlimited designs. Good-quality rubber shoes people can depend on. Crocs have become popular again, and students at Etowah have varied opinions about this new trend. 

“I haven’t worn Crocs since I was four years old, and it gave me blisters,” Caroline Lund, freshman, said.  

According to a survey of 34 Etowah students, a little over half wear Crocs. Between students who do and do not wear the shoe, they rate them an average four out of five stars. 

“They are comfortable and easy to put on. You can also make them cute with some fuzzy socks when it’s cold,” Emma Tallman, sophomore, said. 

Students who are against this trend believe this shoe is unoriginal and overrated. They think that this shoe is unattractive to wear at school. Many have the opinion that Crocs are inappropriate in certain settings.  

“Crocs are silly, but they are worn in the wrong setting, like middle school homecoming,” Maggie Bradley, sophomore, said. 

Supporters of the Croc movement believe that they are the perfect shoe for both fashion and function. They can withstand different weather conditions while providing comfort. 

“I wear Crocs at least three times a week,” Cameron Elsea, senior, said. 

As the school year progresses, Etowah fashionionists continue to Croc it like they talk it.

About the Writer
Alyssa Pearson, Reporter

Hello, I’m Alyssa Pearson! I am a freshman at Etowah Highschool and this is my first year in Journalism. For over ten years I have played competitive...