For the first time in forever, there’s a Fine Arts Festival

Danielle Goold

More stories from Danielle Goold

Danielle Goold

Charlotte Forrest’s advanced Drama class runs through their lines as the days draw nearer to the first Fine Arts Festival.

It is that time of the year again. Everyone is preparing for Christmas time: Shop with an Eagle, National English Honors Society is collecting books for kids and for the first ever Fine Arts Festival.

Drama, the band, Art classes and the chorus will be putting on a festival as a whole on Dec. 10 from 7 – 9 p.m.

Charlotte Forrest, the head of drama and her advanced drama class will be performing a 30 minute holiday play called Be Deckin’ The Halls. The play is about accident-prone Arnold and his struggles on Christmas Eve; it will surely bring tears of laughter to your eyes.

“It is a very fun piece and the students are really enjoying playing around with the characters.  We rehearse every day in class.  Some of the students are in acting roles, but some students take on technical positions, such as stage manager or costume designer,” Forrest said.

Forrest and her advanced drama class are for the festival and cannot wait to show everyone what they have worked on.

The band will be performing a concert with five different pieces, one featuring the Advanced Chorus. To prepare for the festival, the band has been practicing after school to put the music together with all classes.

“I am very excited to participate in a department-wide event. With all the talented students, it will be great to showcase them the same night so they and we have an opportunity to hear and see each group,” Stephen Long, and director, said.

The Art department will be doing the decorations for the extravaganza. Santa will be joining the party, and Shannah ean and her students will be creating the backdrop for him. They are also selling homemade ceramics, t-shirts and ards. Face painting and a photo booth are some of the activities the Art department will have at the festival.

“We talked about it last year and it’s just something we wanted to do to promote the Fine Arts all together,” Dean said.