Just brew it

More stories from Erin Whalen

Uggs: Yea or nay?
December 19, 2018
Just brew it

Imagine this: You open the door to leave the 6000 building and step into the bitter cold. There is only one way to remedy this: a warm cup of coffee. Now that the temperatures have dropped on Eagle Mountain, students are excited about the reopening of the Eagle Eye Brew. 

“I think the Brew sets our school apart from other schools. It helps to make a comfortable atmosphere and is something special for the seniors to enjoy in their lounge,” Brittany Miller, sophomore, said.  

Many students frequently visit the shop, especially when they need a jump start on cold mornings. The shop, located in the Senior Lounge, is run by the Friends Club. However, not all members are required to be a part of it. The Brew charges roughly two dollars for each coffee. 

“I either stop by in the morning or grab a coffee during my lunch. It is super convenient for me when I’m feeling tired in my classes and need a quick pick-me-up,” Amanda Buchheit, sophomore, said.  

The shop closes midway through the school day, so students with an earlier lunch have more opportunities to grab a cup.  

“This was something so cool to me because there was nothing like this at E.T. Booth,” Meg Lance, freshman, said. 

Jenna Leopard, Special Education teacher, oversees who works the Brew. 

“It is run by the students in my class to learn functional life skills such as making change, customer service, and job responsibilities. All students are welcome to purchase a cold or hot beverage,” Leopard said. 

With the struggles of an outdoor campus, Etowah students are thankful to have the coffee shop up and running to keep them warm and give them a caffeine kick when needed.