• December 7Go out and support Etowah basketball during their games tonight!

• December 4Come see the Dancing Eagles during halftime at the Varsity basketball games this Friday!

One last night under the lights

Angel Beltran

More stories from Angel Beltran

Sophomore: Faith Spratt
November 28, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

One last night under the lights

To some, memories made under the Friday night lights can be unforgettable during high school. Whether their time was spent on the field, on the sidelines, or in the stands, seniors will remember nights spent in the stadium. On senior night, Nov. 2, Etowah celebrated the senior football players, cheerleaders, marching band students, and JROTC members. 

“The work was hard, but worth it, and I’d trade my experience here at Etowah for nothing,” Justin Sherrer, senior, said. 

Seniors walked across the field while their names and post-graduation plans were announced. 

“Senior night was crazy to think about because I’ve been cheering since sixth grade, and that was all about to come to an end, but it made me happy that I’d be a part of something so great at Etowah,” Kristin Dyson, senior, said. 

During halftime, the marching band and JROTC had their chance to walk the field. The JROTC students are always working during games, but this night was one of the few nights they got recognition for what they do outside of presenting the flags at the beginning of the game.  

“I felt really welcomed and supported by the whole school because we have never been recognized on the football field before, and I feel like we mean something to everyone,” Eve Bussey, senior and Cadet Lieutenant Colonel, said.  

The marching band also officially retired this year’s show on senior night since the season is over. Next year, the band will premiere a new theme and show. 

“It was amazing to feel the energy coming off everyone and knowing that our last run was the best we could put out there even though it was the last time we’d ever do it. It was a truly perfect way to end our season, and I couldn’t ask for a better performance to end on,” Mia Jordan, senior, said. 

Etowah seniors may be going their separate ways after graduation, but the years they spent supporting each other will connect them. 

About the Contributors
Angel Beltran, A&E Supervisor

Hello! I’m Angel. I’m a junior and it is my second year on the staff. I’d tell what I do after school, but I
have no life outside of band. That...

Mia Jacobs, Reporter/Photographer

Hey! I am Mia Jacobs and this year is my first year on the staff. This is my first year at Etowah, and the staff, I am looking forward to working...