• December 7Go out and support Etowah basketball during their games tonight!

• December 4Come see the Dancing Eagles during halftime at the Varsity basketball games this Friday!

Giving thanks

Alina Frederick

More stories from Alina Frederick

Freshman: Jesse McDonald
November 26, 2018

The definition of thankfulness is different for every Etowah student. Some are grateful for their family and friends; others appreciate the opportunities that have been given to them. Around Etowah’s campus, students spend the month of November reflecting on what they are thankful for. 

“I am thankful for my family because no matter what the situations we are faced with, we always come out stronger than before. I know we will always be there for each other,” Emmie Amick, senior, said. 

For the athletes of Etowah, their sport, coaches, and teammates are important to them. 

“I am thankful to share a bond with some of the best athletes in the school and having the opportunity to step onto the football field with my brothers,” Karsen Embrey, freshman, said. 

Many band students at Etowah are most thankful for their bandmates, leaders, and opportunities to perform at competitions and football games. They work diligently almost every day to perform what they love most for the people in the stands. 

“I am thankful for band because I have many friends; it keeps me busy and helps with my mental health,” Evan Blalock, sophomore, said. 

Chris Stahler, Economy and World History teacher, enjoys sharing his knowledge and interests with students around campus. One of his favorite parts is getting the chance to be a role model to students and his children at home. 

“I am thankful to have the opportunity to teach young adults and give them valuable lessons every day. I am also so grateful to have a family that is so supporting,” Stahler said. 

Students who are a part of Student Government Association (SGA) are thankful for the opportunity to represent Etowah by making decisions that benefit the school.  

“SGA is a wonderful organization, and I am so thankful to be our sophomore class secretary. It has taught me the ins and outs of our school and has helped me impact our student’s lives, which I enjoy,” Sarah Oburu, sophomore, said. 

No matter what people are interested in or passionate about, it is the thankfulness that connects each Eagle at Etowah together. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

About the Writer
Alina Frederick, Sports Supervisor

Hi! My name is Alina Frederick and I am a sophomore. I love hitting down my thoughts and opinions into my writing for other people to read. I do cheer...