• November 15Go support the Shop With An Eagle program at the dodgeball tournament tomorrow!

• November 15Congrats to all Etowah senior signees!

• November 10Congrats to the Aquaeagles on their first place win at the relay meet!

One step at a time

Alina Frederick

More stories from Alina Frederick

Giving thanks
November 16, 2018

For many sports teams, halftime is a break from all the action, but for the Dancing Eagles, the show has just begun. The Dancing Eagles team will perform during this year’s basketball season. 

“To prepare for the season, I am trying to get extra hours in at the studio, and [I am] practicing at home as much as I can,” Gabrielle Bridges, freshman, said.  

Brittany Chandler, Dancing Eagles coach, is looking for dancers with a background in jazz and skills such as: bilateral turns, lateral turns, leaps, flexibility, and great performance quality. 

“I am working on different techniques and my performances every day when I am at competitive dance practice,” Caroline Booth, senior, said. 

Like last year, the team will keep its costumes simple, so most of the attention can be on the skills and routine. This year, the team is planning on a plain top with black leggings and jazz shoes. The team has not decided the theme yet, but Chandler has many ideas in mind. 

“I am beyond excited because this year, the routine will be a lot of fun and more outgoing. We will not only be performing at basketball games and pep rallies but competing against other schools, as well,” Tessa Liles, sophomore, said.  

Having studied 20 years of jazz and ballet, Chandler is putting her years of experience to good use. 

“Dance has been my passion since I was five years old. I love getting to know the team and watching them [the girls] perform,” Chandler said.  

Students interested in joining the team can attend a second round of tryouts. Listen to the morning announcements, or check back on the Talon for the dates.

About the Writer
Alina Frederick, Sports Supervisor

Hi! My name is Alina Frederick and I am a sophomore. I love hitting down my thoughts and opinions into my writing for other people to read. I do cheer...