A sneak peek into the Etowah Yearbook

Alina Frederick

More stories from Alina Frederick

The college hunt
April 29, 2021
A sneak peek into the Etowah Yearbook

Everyone knows of the school yearbook, but few understand the work that goes into it. Since the first day of school, Etowah’s yearbook staff has been working diligently to make “Windfall” the best yet. 

“Yearbook is a fun way to get involved with others around our school. It can be super stressful at times, but in the end, it’s worth it when we get the product that we worked so hard on,” Madi Hines, junior, said. 

The staff works together to include all aspects of Etowah. Every year, the class chooses a theme to make the yearbook different and better than the one before.  

“Everyone should expect to be included into the book fairly and for their stories to be told in this year’s yearbook. These are the things people want to remember, so it’s our job to get the full story,” Brittany Miller, sophomore, said. 

Literature teacher and yearbook advisor, Opal Mason, has a background in marketing and a love for making everyone feel included, which inspired her to take on the task of being yearbook advisor once again. 

“I am very excited about advising the yearbook staff again this year and helping guide the journalism students towards storytelling, photography, and design,” Mason said. 

Each category in the yearbook has its own editor. Senior Keaton Taylor edits sports, senior Alex Hart edits student life, and Hines edits clubs and academics. This year’s editor-in-chief is senior Anabelle Ingersoll. 

“Moving into my fourth and final year of being in yearbook is so exciting but sad. Being editor-in-chief this year is a huge responsibility, and I look forward to making this book the best one yet,” Ingersoll said. 

Etowah’s yearbook staff is thrilled to debut its finished product in May. Students can purchase their yearbook now at www.Yearbookcenter.com.