The classroom coach

Tania Diaz de Leon

More stories from Tania Diaz De Leon

Tara Noe was always interested in being an educator, getting inspiration from her 9th grade English teacher.  Noe moved to Cherokee County to replace Dr. Erin Jacobs and become the new instructional coach who works to improve students’ success and provide guidance and training to educators.

‘’I was interested in being a part of an exciting time in a new school district,’’ Noe said.

This year will be Noe’s 28th year in education. Noe currently works with teachers, but for the first 20 years of her career, she taught students. Part of her job is to visit classrooms and help teachers address the students’ needs.

‘’I think that teachers can design their environment to let students be the masterminds,’’ Noe said.

As an individual, Noe is passionate about anything that has to do with students’ special needs and finding more opportunities outside of high school than just college.  Noe had to struggle to overcome prejudice when working with students with disabilities, as they would try to convince her they could not do something.

‘’When I’ve overcome any type of bias that I may have had, that’s the best part of being a teacher,’’ Noe said.

Noe has enjoyed the diversity in the Etowah community, specifically the variety of languages.  She appreciates the sense of respect that teachers have for each other and their students. Noe believes that students struggling with school should find an adult and not be afraid to tell them their fears.

‘’I really think students struggle the most finding their own identity and putting themselves out there in every class,’’ Noe said.

Etowah is glad to have Noe helping teachers and students achieve their goals. While she is busy, students can greet her in the hallways or in their very own classroom when she stops by.