She’ll be comin’ ’round the campus when she comes

Reece Godwin

More stories from Reece Godwin

Students can find Jennifer Lathren, new anatomy and intro to healthcare teacher, speed-walking from Etowah East to main campus in between classes until she has a classroom of her own.

“The only thing really difficult about going back and forth all day is trying to remember what every class needs and not forgetting it,” Lathren said.

Lathren meets her students in classroom EE120 for healthcare and in classrooms located in the Old Science building for anatomy.

“I came here specifically for healthcare and am excited to see the program advance,” Lathren said.

Lathren was a radiographer before gaining teaching experience. Her first teaching job was at Chattahoochee Technical College, where she taught for five years. In previous years, Lathren has taught radiographic physics, radiation pathology and diet nutrition.

“Business management was offered in the bachelor’s program, but I was not interested in that, so I chose to do education,” Lathren said.

As if walking five miles around campus every day is not enough, Lathren and her family love to be active in their free time. They like to go hiking, boating, and kayaking.

“We love doing anything outdoors. My mother-in-law has a lake house, so we go there when we get the chance,” Lathren said.

Being a mother of five, Lathren is accustomed to running around. If students see her hurrying around campus, get out of her way because she is a teacher on the move.