• October 17Congrats Etowah scholars on their Lamp of Knowledge recognition!

• October 15Tryouts for Etowah's basketball team start October 22nd

• October 15Good luck to Etowah volleyball during the 1st round of their state tournament!

Preparing for Pippin

Ansley Melnick

More stories from Ansley Melnick

Finally…finals
May 15, 2018

Spend a night enjoying Etowah’s annual fabulous spring musical, Pippin, which will premiere in the auditorium Apr. 12-14. 

“It’s really fun to see the newcomers learn what it means to be a part of a show here and to see them become a part of the family. I’m excited for everyone to see it,” Jenna Klein, senior, said. 

Senior Katelyn Chupp plays a character called ‘Leading Player’, and accompanying her on stage is senior Brandon Huynh, as Pippin, and senior Jake Peterson, as King Charles. 

“The past few months we have put in hours and hours of rehearsal into this show. I’m very excited to finally perform what we have been working so hard on,” Sarah Deprospero, freshman, said. 

The ensemble cast shares the story of Pippin, a prince who always wants to be on an adventure. Pippin goes to war to prove to his distracted father, King Charles, that he can be a dedicated and loyal leader. After the war, Pippin really wants to become king because he does not like how his father is ruling the kingdom. Pippin’s mother convinces him to kill his father and take over the throne. Later, Pippin falls for a widow named Catherine, and Pippin must decide whether he should settle down or continue to go on adventures. Pippin realizes that sometimes it may take awhile to find what one really wants out of life, but it is worth the wait when he finally feels the fulfillment of true love. 

“Pippin is a really cool and rad show, and you should come see it because we have some cool tricks and flips,” Eli Hughes, sophomore said.

Anybody can buy tickets online or at the door for $10. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the show starts at 7 p.m.

About the Writer
Ansley Melnick, Reporter
Hi, I’m Ansley Melnick! I am a freshman and this is my first year being a part of The Talon staff. I am very excited to write for the newspaper because I have always loved for writing. Outside of writing, I love theater, singing, surfing, and kayaking. I have been acting in theater ever since I was four years old and...