The Scoop on Shmoop

More stories from Chris Spenelli

February breakdown
February 16, 2018

Trouble with the SATs? Trouble with classes? Shmoop may be the right tool to help. Etowah purchased a Shmoop license for every student and is in the process of adding it to the Canvas dashboard.

“Mr. Horn wants to make sure that everything is working fine before they add it to Canvas,” Erin Jacobs, Instructional Lead Strategist said.

Shmoop has resources to help students with SATs , ACTs and AP courses. It provides instructional videos, tutorials and flashcards to help with classes. It also has practice quizzes and tests that help students learn from their mistakes.

“When you take tests, they track your progress for you so that you can see what you got wrong,” Jacobs said.

On Shmoop, students can get tips for the SATs to obtain more information. Shmoop shows students some strategies on how to take these tests, and will help make a study plan for those who need it.

“It’s good that they can help me with studying,” Nina Velasco, freshman, said.

Shmoop also gives tips for writing to help students with essays,resumes and college applications.

“In one section, titled  “Essay Lab,” students can access a college and career section. I think that would be very helpful to students on job and college applications,” Cari Caine, media center specialist, said.

Shmoop is a valuable tool for students at Etowah. It helps with regular classes and important tests. Shmoop is a welcomed new addition to Etowah students.