Three years down, 4 months to go

Alina Frederick

More stories from Alina Frederick

The college hunt
April 29, 2021
Three years down, 4 months to go

Although seniors are known to rule over the student body, their reign is coming to an end. With only four months left of their high school careers, seniors are overwhelmed, yet excited for it all to end.

“I am going to miss everyone I have grown up with my whole life yet excited to start this new chapter,” Maria Meyer, senior, said.

In the second semester, seniors are noticing how little time they have to participate in senior skip days, to sit front row of the student section, and how special it is to spend every day with their best friends. They are realizing that adulthood is beginning, and their childhood is almost over.

“I am going to miss being away from home and all the memories I’ve had here,” Elle Mahoney, senior, said.

As senior projects come to a close, AP students’ stress levels fluctuate daily. The project can get in the way of free time and distracts from focusing on their other grades. AP students present to the judges on January 31st, while on-level students present on April 25th and 26th.

“The senior project can be really stressful if you don’t complete each task at specific times,” Abby Heath, senior, said.

Although they are upset to leave the traditions and friends of high school, students are enjoying the chance to dress up and participate in senior customs such as toga day or themed sports.

“Being a part of all the senior traditions is one of the best parts of being the oldest in the school,” Hailey Jefford, senior, said.

Students are anxious to move beyond high school. Knowing they are going to meet new people and make new memories gets them excited for the next chapter of their lives.