• August 7SENIORS: Buy your Senior Girls T-Shirt now! See Ms. Massey or Mr. Armistead for more details!

• April 16Follow us on Instagram @Etowah.Newspaper

Lights, music, and holiday spirit

Nicole Martin

More stories from Nicole Martin

Halloween has just ended, which means packing up spider webs and scarecrows, and pulling out the ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner. Wait, what is that in your neighbor’s front yard? Christmas decorations already?  Whether you are waiting until Christmas Eve or if you pulled out the decorations in August, Christmas is on the way.  Trees are on sale; stores are decorating, and Christmas music is on the radio. 

“I went to Walmart the day after Halloween, and they already had a ton of Christmas stuff out… I was very confused,” Corrine Wnukowkski, freshman, said. 

Many students love the early preparations. They feel it causes less stress from buying last minute presents and makes the holiday more enjoyable. 

“I feel like it’s a great idea. You can get it over with and hopefully distress yourself from getting gifts in mid-December,” Jonathan Araujo, senior, said. 

However, at this time of year, some feel the early decorations and festivities that favor Christmas often overlook Thanksgiving. 

“It personally bothers me because you’re skipping over an entire holiday,” Sydney Kahn, sophomore, said. 

There are others who still acknowledge celebrating Thanksgiving. They consider it celebrating both holidays at the same time. 

“I just like Christmas more… You are still celebrating it; you are just excited for one of them more than the other,” Kylie Jones, freshman, said. 

Christmas is not the only holiday celebrated this season. Etowah students celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Eid among many others.