Time for a change

More stories from Danielle Barnes

Toys were us
May 15, 2018

The temperature is dropping, and outfits are changing. From shorts and t-shirts, to sweaters and jeans, Etowah’s student body is fashion-forward.  

“I am so excited for the weather to be changing because in winter, the clothes are so much cuter than the clothes you can buy during the warmer months,” Sarah Holcombe, junior, said.  

Since the weather is getting colder, girls are wearing sweaters and warmer clothes. A popular look is flannels or some sort of long sleeve. To get away from the basic flannel or a basic long sleeve, spice it up with accessories. There are many different accessories like long necklaces, chokers, rings and bracelets that can transform the whole outfit.   

“My favorite things to wear in the winter are ripped jeans, sweaters, and big sweatshirts that keep me super warm, but I still can stay comfortable,” Chelsea Baker, freshman, said.  

Sweatpants and a sweatshirt can be more than just comfortable. With a messy hairstyle, the outfit can look a lot cuter. Check out Pinterest for tips on messy hairstyles. 

“I always look on Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram to see what older girls do with their hair, and I like to see how they dress, so I can get some ideas,” Addy McCleery, sophomore, said.  

In the colder weather, some boys wear sweatpants, but khakis and jeans make the outfit a lot nicer. Boys think that they have to dress just like their friends to fit in, but it looks more attractive when they try and dress up a bit. Guys tend to try and wear more of the athletic brands, like Nike or Adidas. Dressing up occasionally makes the outfit look more appealing.  

“When I come to school, I try and look nicer a few times a week, and then other days of the week, I do not try and look nice, but the days I wake up late, I just throw on different clothes,” Jay O’Connell, sophomore, said.  

It is all a matter of taste, so have fun experimenting.