Dedication and motivation

Ansley Melnick

More stories from Ansley Melnick

Etowah prepares for its next home game against Lassiter after losing to Walton 42-21 on October 27th.

“I was very excited for the game, considering it was my very first homecoming game. I love how it feels in the student section because there is always so much excitement,” Natalie Nejad, freshmen, said

Walton got on the scoreboard first, but Etowah responded with quarterback Patrick Ferris, senior, running 55 yards and scoring a touchdown to tie the game. Etowah kept fans rooted to their seats with a great defensive stop that forced Walton to punt from its end zone. The game remained tied at the end of the first quarter. Walton came out strong in the second quarter scoring two touchdowns to seal the lead 21-7.

“It was disappointing to have such a bad loss, but I had fun with my friends,” Basia Coleman, freshman band member, said.

The Raiders scored in the third quarter, but then the Eagles answered with a touchdown, making the score 28-14. Walton scored two more touchdowns, and Etowah scored one with an exciting catch in the end zone for a final score with a Walton win, 42-21.

“I really wish Etowah would have won, but I know that our boys tried their hardest and played well,” Nejad said.

Football was not the only thing to get excited about that night. During halftime, Etowah’s homecoming court was announced.

“It was a lot of fun! All of the people on court looked so nice and so did the student section in all pink! Thanks to all the people who came to the game and the people who made the night so special,” Brooklyn Digirolamo, junior, said.

Before the homecoming game kickoff, Etowah’s baseball team was recognized for its state championship win, and players received their championship rings.

“We’d been waiting for them for so long, so it was awesome to finally get them,” Ethan Underwood, senior, said.

Adding to all the excitement surrounding Friday’s game, freshmen and junior varsity cheerleaders got to cheer alongside the varsity cheerleaders.

“It was stressful, but it is fun to have that many people on the sidelines,” Diane White, senior cheer captain, said

Come out Friday, November 3rd to support your Eagles as they take on rival Lassiter.  The game theme is Senior Night with each grade level sporting different colors:  freshmen in white, sophomores in gold, juniors in blue, and seniors in black.  Show your Etowah spirit!