“NYC After Dark:” Hoco 2022

A night out in the Big Apple is a dream for many. Etowah’s 2022 homecoming theme this year, “New York City After Dark,” is bringing the allure of NYC to Woodstock, GA on Saturday, Oct. 22.  

Etowah is holding the homecoming in the New Gymnasium, and the event is open to students of all grade levels. The dance itself and the week leading up to it are often said to be one of the most exciting times of the year. Etowah’s Student Government Association (SGA) has announced the themes for spirit week, and they are as follows: Pajama Day, Soccer Mom vs. BBQ Dad, Adam Sandler, Country vs. Country Club, and Pink Out. However, seniors traditionally wear togas on the Friday of homecoming week.  

“I like dressing up for school spirit because I am an eagle for life. It makes the [homecoming] game more enjoyable when there is a theme behind them that everyone participates in,” Maddie Mueller, junior, said. 

The week leading up to the dance is a time of celebration and school spirit. Each year, students from every grade level are voted onto homecoming court to walk across the field during the annual homecoming game. Additionally, those involved in various teams, clubs, and the court take part in the yearly homecoming parade, throwing candy to parade watchers along the route. Students are more excited than ever for this year’s event, as there has not been a parade for the last few years due to low participation.  

“I ran [for homecoming court] as a joke originally, but it is exciting because you get to be in the homecoming parade and be part of the homecoming court. I bleed the blue and gold,” Carson Allen, senior, said. 

Tickets are now on sale for $25. These can be purchased by scanning the QR code on posters around the school. One can stay updated through Etowah’s SGA