The highs and lows of high school

The highs and lows of high school

The season premiere of the HBO Max drama, “Euphoria,” has drawn 13.1 million viewers since it first aired on Jan. 6. The show continued to leave everyone on the edge of their seats as they waited each Sunday for another episode. Showing what it can be like as a stereotypical student in high school, including certain drama that comes with it, allowed “Euphoria” to closely resemble a real teenage life. 

“I think season two dives into the characters double lives that are often relatable to most teens,” Blake Nash, junior, said.  

An American adaption of the show first made in Israel, “Euphoria” season two follows the troubled life of 17-year-old Rue, (played by Zendaya Coleman), who is the show’s narrator battling depression and other mental health issues. Characters Maddie Perez and Nate Jacobs, ex-lovers, cause tension throughout the show, especially with Maddie’s best friend, Cassie Howard. In addition, high schooler Jules Vaughn deals with her own drama as she finds herself running her bonds. To keep up with these plot twists and drama, click here make an HBO Max subscription.  

“Nate is very problematic in euphoria, and he can never take no for an answer. He also makes sure everything always goes his way,” Mackenzie Muoio, senior, said.  

“Euphoria” fans were excited to see some of their favorite characters return. While scrolling on many widespread social media platforms, one might run into a spoiler or two, so make sure to finish watching season two before going on Tik Tok. While it is very popular with its viewers, the show discusses intense topics; Coleman had to issue a warning on Instagram before season two came out regarding how it features extremely mature content. 

“I have to be very cautious while scrolling through social media so I do not spoil it for myself and so I do not see any of the cast members that might spoil the setting of the next episode,” Libby Reach, senior, said.   

Being one of HBO Max’s most-watched shows, “Euphoria” viewers cannot stop talking about what has happened in season two. Many anticipate for what is to come season three’s release in either late 2023 or 2024.