Summer raves

Summer+raves

The weather is warming; summer is approaching, and festivals are coming. Students are preparing to see their favorite artists visit and perform concerts in Atlanta.

Every person has a different taste in music, and there is something for everyone. Since Harry Styles came out with his new album, “Fine Line,” back in December, students are obsessing over his music and are excited to listen to him sing in person on July 29.

“I am so obsessed with Harry, so I can’t wait to see him in concert,” Addie Szymanski, sophomore, said.

Justin Bieber is back with a whole new album, slightly different from what 2000’s kids looked forward to. He is stepping up his game in his music career, creating songs with country singers, like Dan and Shay, and coming out with new music. On July 18, he will be performing at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

“I have been looking forward to the Justin Bieber concert ever since he announced that he was creating a new album,” Sydney Bray, freshman, said. 

Group of 5 and “folk rock” band, The Lumineers, will bring their talent to Atlanta on May 30 which has Etowah students thrilled.

“[I am] so excited to see the Lumineers with my best friends this summer,” Marli Essig, junior, said. 

Those who love country music will get the chance to dance and sing to their favorite songs in concert, too. Kenny Chesney, Florida Georgia Line, and Old Dominion are coming to the Mercedes-Benz on May 16 at the Cheerwine Festival.

“I am excited to see some of my favorite country artists in concert, “ Julian Vaccaro, junior, said. 

Festivals of all kinds are scheduled for the region, so people can enjoy multiple different activities, from listening to music to dancing to drinking soda and snacking alongside thousands of people. This is a fantastic chance to dress up and have hours of fun on May 16 at The Cheerwine Festival.

“[The Cheerwine Festival] is in North Carolina, and we drink lots of Cheerwine, like a Shirley Temple, and the music and food is very good,” Bella Reeves, junior, said.

Shaky Knees is a fun way to listen to country, rock, and American folk music all weekend on May 1-3. This festival will feature big-name artists like Portugal The Man, The Strokes, and Joan Jett.

Music lovers, get out there with friends or family and purchase tickets for memories that will never fade. Below are a few festivals and concerts to attend.

Shaky Knees Music Festival  @ Central Park, Atlanta, 1-3 May 2020

The Cheerwine Festival @ The Backcountry Peddler, Salisbury, NC, 16 May 2020

Kenny Chesney, Florida Georgia Line, & Old Dominion @ Mercedes- Benz, 16 May 2020

Lumineers @ Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood, 30 May 2020

Justin Bieber @  Mercedes-Benz Stadium, 18 July 2020 

Harry Styles @ State Farm Arena, 29 July 2020

*These are subject to change due to the current health recommendations and restrictions regarding COVID-19.