New year, new goals

Ivy McKinney

More stories from Ivy McKinney

Prescription for success
December 6, 2019

Now that the New Year is approaching, students are setting new goals for themselves, whether it is academically, socially, or physically. Unfortunately, many people abandon those decisions after a few weeks. However, with the right amount of dedication and motivation, these goals can be easily accomplished.  

“It’s just great to think that I’m changing my life which makes me very hopeful,” Manuel Abreu, sophomore, said. 

Many students find it difficult to juggle school and sports at the same time with the limited amount of free time they have. Because of this, they find themselves wishing for better grades and see the following semester as an opportunity to accomplish their goals. 

“My resolution is to keep moving forward in both sports and school, so I can strive academically,” Will Brenneman, sophomore, said. 

Some people wish to improve their social status for the New Year by making more friends and interacting with others. An easy suggestion for this is to get more involved in social gatherings or clubs which leads to meeting people with the same interests.  

“My New Year’s resolution is to try and become more social and get out more,” said Alicia Isenberg, freshman. 

Others are satisfied with how 2019 went for them and wish for nothing to change. In addition, they do not bother to make resolutions if they know ahead of time that those goals will not be accomplished. 

“I usually don’t make resolutions because I always forget about them and never follow through with them,” Emily Bilbro, senior, said. 

A New Year’s resolution is a great way to tackle 2020 with high hopes and goals for a better year than the last. One thing to keep in mind is that they are never easy, but can be very beneficial when accomplished.