From Eagles to Owls

More stories from Carlyle Rechsteiner

fbhdfdfg

Riley Smith

fbhdfdfg

Kennesaw State University is one of the top accredited colleges in the state of Georgia for academics and athletics with over 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees and 18 NCAA Division I athletic teams. Etowah High School is located within an hour driving distance of both the Kennesaw and Marrietta campus.

Jaclyn Regneary, senior, signed with KSU to play lacrosse.

“I am really looking forward to the heightened level of competition that a college team offers,” Regneary said.

Regneary eagerly anticipates traveling to games with her teammates.  The athletic facilities and dorms also enticed her.

“As a freshman athlete, you basically get to live in an apartment and the athletic facilities were so much nicer than any of the other schools I visited,” Regneary said.

Bronson Rechsteiner, senior, committed to play for the Kennesaw State football team.

“The people and the community at Kennesaw State are really what drew me to that school,” Rechsteiner said.

Game days will take on a whole new meaning in college. Rechsteiner excitedly awaits his Saturdays in Kennesaw.

“I am most looking forward to playing in front of 12,000 students and fans,” Rechsteiner said.

Lauren Beronkosky, junior, verbally committed to play for the Kennesaw State University women’s soccer team.

Beronkosky said her family had a large impact on her decision.

“I wanted to be able to play the sport I loved at a collegiate level while still having my family there to support me,” Beronkosky said. “I also really loved the coach, the team and the campus.”

As a junior, Beronkosky has two more seasons with the Etowah soccer team before she becomes an Owl.

Jessie Cohen, sophomore, is currently a verbal commit for Kennesaw State to play Division I volleyball.

“The whole environment is very welcoming and I am very much looking forward to joining the Kennesaw State Volleyball family,” Cohen said.

Cohen is following in the footsteps of her siblings by playing a sport at the collegiate level. Her sister Courtney graduated from Etowah in 2010 and played volleyball at Troy University. She graduated from Troy in 2014 with a degree in biomedical sciences. Cohen’s brother Ty, 2014 Etowah graduate, plays for the Florida Institute of Technology baseball team.