KB’s bright light

More stories from Christen Ellenberg

I have not known Keith Ball for that long, but I can tell you a lot about him. He really does work hard and loves his job with all of his heart. I have never met a teacher nor principal who cares about his or her students as much as KB does. It really is difficult for students to see him go because he really has changed the face of Etowah. Many parents who are alums and whose kids go here, rave about how much Etowah has changed. Not only has the scenery changed, but so have the academics. Kids are succeeding in every aspect, and KB is the one who made it happen. KB leaves his legacy behind for the new principal to build upon, and for us, the Class of 2020, who just arrived.  I was so nervous to enter high school, but KB changed my whole perspective. He helped us get on track and feel excited to start high school. I remember the first time I met him; I could see the happiness and joy he brought into the room. We at Etowah will miss him dearly. Keith Ball is moving to new challenges. With family and friends again near him in New York, he will be helping less fortunate students get to college.  KB is making a difference.  He made a difference here.  KB has a bright future, and I am glad Etowah was a part of his light.