Student Section 101

Danielle Goold

More stories from Danielle Goold

Football season has started, and one thing needs to be set straight: how the student section works. For those who are not aware, this section of the stands has its own rules, and they need to be followed. If it looks to be the picture-perfect hierarchy system, that is because it is.

It is simple, really. Freshmen sit in the very back; sophomores and juniors split the middle, and seniors get the best seats in the house. Of all the understood rules in high school, this is the most important. Those who do not follow these guidelines, or think they are above them, are absolutely wrong and should consider the following:

The hierarchy system does not exist to offend anyone but instead to celebrate the top Eagles. Senior year is about making the best of every moment, and there is no better way to celebrate the last high school football games than by being in the front.

“That’s the way it’s always been. It’s a tradition,” Sabrina Porubiansky, senior, said.

As a senior, I can attest that we are not meaning to be cruel, but rather asking underclassmen to wait their turn, and let us have ours. As students transition from grade to grade, they gain more respect from their peers. They have powered through the torture of World History and conquered the terrifying world of Physics.

As you get older, you get more opportunities to enjoy yourself, like eating in the senior lounge, or being in the front of the student section.

Eventually everyone gets a turn at being the top Eagle. They will get their front row seats and senior nights and toga day. They just need to wait for it.